I used Armour Etch, a paint brush, my X-acto knife, and some blue painters tape. All of which I had at home.
- Clean glasses well, and make sure the area you want to etch is free of fingerprints and dirt.
- Place tape over glass smoothing down so there are no bumps or bubbles.
- Trace design you want to etch onto the painters tape in pen. It is easiest if you avoid designs that are really detailed or have too many curved lines.
- Next takes a bit of patience and practice. You are going to use the X-acto Knife and cut out the shape directly on the glass. eing careful not to press too hard and only cut the tape. If you scratch the glass, its not a big problem, but you just don't want to tire yourself out by pressing really hard. My hand started cramping pretty bad by the fourth cup.
- Take cups to a sink, so either a bathroom, or kitchen. Working quickly, you want to shake the Armour Etch and then using the paintbrush you want to apply it, over top of the tape onto the exposed part of the glass. It is important to apply a thick layer of the gel and then place to the side to give it time to work.